Advanced Disposal Services
Advanced Disposal Services is based in Ponte Vedra, Florida. The company provides solid waste management services for customers, including non-hazardous waste collection services for recycling and disposal. In the United States, Advanced Disposal Services serves commercial, construction, industrial, and residential customers across 16 states.
Haul Types at Advanced Disposal Services
The truck drivers at Advanced Disposal Services serve several industries, including manufacturing and industrial trucking freight, such as heavy hauls and construction equipment. The company also works for shipping customers in the construction and demolition sectors. The main business that comes from Advanced Disposal Services is garbage collection. As such, truck drivers manage household and commercial garbage, as well as construction waste and demolition debris. The company also provides disposal services for special waste, oil, and gas.
Industries for Truck Drivers at ADS
Other industries managed by freight services at Advanced Disposal Services include restaurants, hotels, colleges, universities, K12 educational, property management, healthcare, faith-based businesses, retail businesses, agricultural shipping customers, and entertainment venues.
For truck drivers that have driving and haul experience in any of these industries, there are trucking jobs available, offering regular and frequent home time for those who are trying to achieve a better work-life balance.
Technician - Heavy Duty Truck, Class A
Adamsville, AL 35005
To connect with a recruiter on Driver and Technician careers, text "ADS" to 44844
Seeking a Heavy Duty Truck Technician / Mechanic to perform preventive maintenance and scheduled maintenance repairs in compliance with DOT and Safety policies.
- Utilize Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports (DVIR's) to diagnose electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles
- Comfortability with vehicle diagnostic software/systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns
- Complete required paperwork for tracking repairs on vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures
Special Skills, Education or Licensure Required:
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in automotive/truck, light or heavy equipment maintenance and repair OR completion of accredited vocational technical school program
- Proficiency in vehicle and equipment diagnosis and repair
- Working knowledge of fuel, ignition, cooling, mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and air brake systems
- Knowledge of safety procedures and practices necessary while operating or repairing vehicles and equipment
- Skill in operating tools equipment, parts and procedures utilized during the repair and servicing of vehicles and equipment
- Ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks
- Ability to read and comprehend service and technical information
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Vehicle driver's license
- Ability to obtain Air Brake Inspector Certification
Ability to obtain a CDL License for certain locations.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Work is performed in an open automotive shop environment. Incumbents are exposed to the elements, the noise of machinery and vehicles, fumes, exhaust emissions, grease, engine oils, solvents, chemicals, dust, electrical hazards, mechanical hazards, vehicle hazards and vibrations. Incumbents stand and walk on level and uneven surfaces, twist, bend, push, pull, crouch, climb stairs, reach, bend and crawl, grasp, drag, lift and carry items weighing 50 pounds or less. Incumbents may work above shoulder level with power and /or hand tools weighing 15 pounds or less and in confined spaces. Incumbents must be able to meet the physical requirements of the positions and have mobility, vision, and hearing, sense of smell and dexterity levels appropriate to the duties to be performed.
All qualified applicants considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, gender orientation or other protected status.