Beelman Truck Co.
Since 1906 Beelman Truck Co. has provided dependable, reliable service in bulk transportation. With over 650 power units and more than 80 million miles last year, it is no surprise that Beelman Truck Co. is number 1 in the dry bulk business. We are currently seeking a full time experienced diesel mechanic or shop tech to join our growing team at our Ste. Genevieve, MO Terminal
Diesel Truck Mechanic
Mccordsville, IN 46055
Diesel Truck Mechanic / Shop Technician
Since 1906 Beelman Truck Co. has provided dependable, reliable service in bulk transportation. With over 650 power units and more than 80 million miles last year, it is no surprise that Beelman Truck Co. is number 1 in the dry bulk business. We are currently seeking a full time experienced diesel mechanic or shop tech to join our growing team at our Indianapolis, IN Terminal
• Performs preventative and routine maintenance on tractors, trailers, forklifts, and other equipment (which will include the use of diagnostic equipment) • Diagnoses and trouble shoots general vehicle operating systems and perform repairs from preventative maintenance up to component replacements
• Documents work performed, prepares vehicle records and reports in writing and electronically
• Works with other technicians or independently in performing preventative maintenance and repairs
• Performs necessary adjustments in equipment to ensure safe and efficient operations and prepares required safety documentation
• Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
• Perform other duties as required
• Minimum of one (1) year experience performing vehicle maintenance; a heavy duty vehicle maintenance certificate obtained from an accredited vehicle maintenance vocational/trade school may substitute for one year vehicle maintenance experience
• Medium/Heavy Truck Master ASE Certification preferred
• Class A CDL preferred • Brake Inspection Certification eligible
• Must possess necessary tools to perform assigned tasks
• Computer skills including email, maintenance programs, and diagnostic systems
• Thorough knowledge of late model gas and diesel engines and on-board computers
• Experience using lifting devices (bottle, floor, wheel, or transmission jacks, floor cranes, etc.)
• Able to frequently lift components weighing approximately 110 pounds with appropriate equipment and/or assistance from another person
• Ability to follow instructions and complete required training
• Ability to work independently and/or as a team member
• Good written and verbal communication skills
What we offer:
• Weekly Profit Sharing Bonus!
• Paid Vacation!
• Company Paid Health Benefits!
• Family Dental, Vision, Short-Term and Long-Term disability also available!
• 401(k) with a 25% Company Match!