Lattimore Materials Company
Diesel Truck Mechanic - Mid to Sr. Level
Haltom City, TX 76117
Lattimore Materials Corp., one of the most successful Concrete and Aggregate Materials companies in North Texas, has immediate openings for Diesel Mechanics/Technicians!
- $23.00 -$25.00 per hour
- Monthly bonus plan
- 40 hour weekly pay guarantee (starts immediately)
- 12 paid Holidays
- 2 weeks vacation (prorated based on hire date) in first year
- Medical/Dental/Vision/HSA effective 1st of the month following hire
- Company provided disability / life insurance
- Industry leading 401k plan
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- 3 years experience (Cummins engines & software)
- Class B Commercial Drivers License preferred
As directed and guided by the Maintenance Supervisor, the responsibilities of the position include the following:
- Provide maintenance and repair of heavy construction, automotive equipment, mechanical equipment and machinery.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting equipment failures. Provide repair and maintenance to diesel and gasoline engines.
- Adjust and repair ignition, fuel, electrical, hydraulic and steering systems.
- Maintain and repair chassis, frames and bodies. Work with hoisting and jacking equipment, power tools, measuring instruments, gauges and meters.
- Lubricate equipment.
- Maintain and repair tires, batteries, brakes and valves.
- Perform shop management functions such as maintenance scheduling and spare parts inventory control; making estimates of material, labor, and equipment requirements.
- Performs inspections on completed jobs; ensures conformance with policies and procedures, safety codes.
- Ensures proper documentation of maintenance and repair activities in logs and/or incident reports.
- Maintain an effective system of communications with supervisors and customers.