Lehigh Hanson is one of the largest construction materials companies in North America with more than 550 active operations in the U.S. and Canada. Our core activities include the production and distribution of cement and aggregates, the two essential raw materials in concrete. Lehigh Hanson companies also produce ready-mixed concrete, asphalt and other concrete products. Lehigh Hanson is part of the HeidelbergCement Group, the global market leader in aggregates with leading positions in cement, concrete and other downstream activities. Following the acquisition of Italcementi, the company employs some 63,000 people at more than 3,000 locations in around 60 countries.
Mobile Equipment Mechanic
Sunnyvale, TX 75182
Bridgeport Quarry in Bridgeport, TX.
The mobile mechanic will be responsible for all troubleshooting, repair, and preventive maintenance on all types of heavy/mining equipment within Lehigh Hanson’s fleet. All repairs shall be made in a safe, cost effective, and timely manner to ensure optimum availability and to limit downtime as much as possible. The mobile mechanic must possess practical and working knowledge of all types machinery and tooling.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES and TASKS
• Ensure compliance with established company safety and operating policies, procedures, and guidelines.
• Ensure compliance with established MSHA regulations up to and including all required task training and safety requirements.
• Work along with the shop lead to prioritize and delegate workload for the mechanics and any part time or hired contractors.
• Individual must be able to operate all types of vehicles, equipment, and tooling.
• Troubleshoot and diagnose equipment malfunctions and failures.
• Repair, recondition, and maintain equipment and components. Must be able to perform both minor and major repairs on all types of construction/mining equipment including but not limited to, wheel loaders, dozers, haul trucks, material handling equipment and shop tooling.
• Must have the experience and ability to tear down, diagnose, and rebuild Caterpillar engines up to and including 3500 and C32 series engines.
• Must have the capabilities to read, understand, and interpret schematic drawings of electrical and hydraulic systems.
• Must be able to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair equipment electrical systems as well as A/C systems.
• Must be familiar with and able to utilize a laptop computer to diagnose and troubleshoot electronic controlled engines, transmissions and hydraulic systems.
• Must be familiar with CAT ET (Electronic Technician)
• Must be willing to work weekends and overtime as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Demonstrated knowledge of CAT machine components and systems.
• Highly preferred vocational education in heavy equipment maintenance.
• A minimum of ten years of practical heavy earth moving or mining equipment repair experience may be substituted for the vocational school requirement.
• Any mechanical specific certifications is preferred as well.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Moderate walking, standing, climbing, heavy lifting, carrying, stooping, bending, kneeling, and reaching. Work outside and inside, around moving equipment, machinery, and vehicles. Exposure to hot and cold ambient temperatures, dampness, humidity, toxic chemicals, exhausts fumes, gasoline, and diesel fuel.
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION
We know that our employees are critical to our overall success. We are dedicated to investing in their future to maintain long-term relationships for lasting commitments. We offer a comprehensive package of compensation and benefits programs which are regularly reviewed to maintain them at competitive levels.
Lehigh Hanson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity. M/F/D/V
Your salary will be commensurate with your work experience and relevant skills.
You can contact us at (855) 228-9252 or email Melissa.Curtis@lehighhanson.com for more information.