Diesel Fleet Mechanic
Coconut Creek, FL 33097
Job Title - General Shop Mechanic Reports To General Shop Manager
FLSA Status Non-Exempt Revised Date 11/5/15
Origin Date 05/15/2014
This position will be responsible for repairing medium-heavy duty trucks and all models of trailers. The General Shop Mechanic will be responsible for maintaining inventories or supplies and preparing or recording financial or other information charts or accounts.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Repair brakes; perform suspension work (replace springs, u-bolts, radius rods, equalizers, etc.) and replace air valves.
- Replace brake chambers, trouble shoot, replace or repair air system.
- Perform basic welding.
- Shorten or stretch frames.
- Mount fifth wheels.
- Install hydraulic kits; rebuild or repair engines.
- Prepare list of required replacement parts.
- Submit work orders for invoicing.
- Clean work area as required and maintain equipment.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years of related work experience is required.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Candidates must possess the following:
- Mechanical ability
- Ability to operate air or hydraulic jack, press, hoist, forklift, hand tools, impact wrench, grinder, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the primary duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
The work is active. Typically the associate will lift, pull and move heavy duty truck parts that might be in excess of 50 lbs. The associate will also have to do the following throughout the day: walking, bending, twisting, stepping, stooping, reaching, lifting, and pushing.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the primary duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
While performing the primary duties of the job, the associate will be regularly exposed to dirt, dust, fumes, and noise and temperature variances.